Last updated on October 6th, 2014
Our help is currently being updated for Version 3.4.4. For questions regarding this version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to answer your questions.
Note the links on the right hand side of this page. We have a Getting Started page that will walk you through the initial steps..
In the mean time....
1. Launch Localizer
2. Activate your license (if not already done, only needs to be done once)
3. Register either a Google or Bing API account.
4. Backup your application! Our latest version gives you the option to do exactly that.
5. Select an Iron Speed application using the Browse button, or copy/paste the file folder location.
Localizer will automatically analyze your application. Results can be found in the tree view on the left.
6. Click the large blue button named "Localize" on the right hand side of the screen.
7. Go get a cup of coffee, or not. Depends on how BIG your application is. Localizer is pretty fast...
8. When localization is complete, you MUST:
a. Close and Re-Open the application that Localizer just worked on.
b. Do a ReBuild All.
c. Review the pages in your application. Make sure everything is perfect.
Occasionally Localizer messes up and does not parse a literal construct properly, and you will get an error when you attempt to run your application. Don't panic! Usually the problem areas are in the Page Heading or a Panel Heading literal. Have a look there first. Then email us if you can't figure it out.
Strategies for Many Languages
If you have many languages selected, it will take a long time to localize. One solution is to pick one language to tokenize and localize first. Later on, you can use our "Leveler" tool to translate the other languages. This is available under the Tools-Level Resource Files option. Follow the easy to use wizard to translate other languages. This will be your preferred path when adding languages later.